113 cal, 16C/4F/3P/8S.
Oatmeal breakfast bars that are sweetened with pumpkin and dotted with lots of chocolate. These are pretty sweet so they could pass as dessert too!
There’s never a day in Fall that there isn’t a half empty can of pumpkin in my fridge. I can’t trash food to save my life so all pumpkin must get used up somehow. These bars are the perfect opportunity to do exactly that. I used only 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree in this, but this was just enough to give them that perfect pumpkin spice kick!
Made with pumpkin, egg, oats, nut/seed butter, coconut sugar and chocolate, there’s nothing in them that isn’t worthy of a wholesome breakfast or snack, yet they’re sweet enough to bring to a Fall potluck as dessert. In my opinion at least. You’ll have to taste them yourselves!
- 1 egg beaten (I haven’t tried it but a flax egg might work here)
- 1/4 cup creamy nut/seed butter (I used peanut butter but cashew or almond will be more neutral tasting) (64 g)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (120 g)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp any sugar (I used coconut sugar, 72 g)
- 2 tbsp any milk (I used unsweetened almond milk) (30 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (equal weight all purpose or oat flour will work too) (90 g)
- 1 cup rolled oats (80 g)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips (90 g)
Makes 16 squares. Preheat oven to 375F and line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment. Blend together the egg, nut butter, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, sugar. Whisk together flour, oats, spices, salt, baking soda. Mix the two until combined. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Pour into pan, sprinkle the rest of the 2 tbsp chocolate on top. Bake for 25 minutes until the center is set and the top is browned. Cool completely and cut into 16 bars. Bars can be kept in the fridge or room temperature.
Hope you love this recipe and tag me on Instagram with your pictures! ❤