162 cal, 28C/5F/3P/12S.
Hello Moist Cinnamon-y Buttery Coffee Cake! I personally don’t even drink coffee due to acid reflux, but I made you all lucky coffee drinkers this coffee cake (mine will be a tea cake I guess). This cake is also super easy to make, no-streusel, no-stress!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (120 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (120 g)
- 1/4 cup any sugar (48 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp avocado/coconut oil or melted butter (28 g)
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry or all purpose flour (180 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Cinnamon sugar layer:
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar (48 g)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter melted (14 g)
Makes 9 slices. Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×8 baking dish. Beat the egg and mix with all liquid ingredients. Whisk together the dry ingredients and fold in the wet. Prepare the cinnamon layer by combining sugar and cinnamon. Pour half the batter into the dish, sprinkle with half the cinnamon layer, pour the other half on top and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon layer. Drizzle the melted butter on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Your cake is ready! Pour a cup of coffee/tea and dig in!
Tag me if you make this and let me know what you think!